The PING program was launched in the summer 2014 as an extension of a week-end trip to the Green Bank Telescope site on February 1-2, 2014. This "PEGASUS" trip was attended by 10 elementary and middle school students, in addition to one high-school student and one undergraduate student. One teacher and two parents also participated. The trip was instrumental in exposing the opportunities for educating the next generation of scientists with the Green Bank Telescope site.
PEGAGSUS trips are now an integral part of the PING program and consist of 2-day long trips to a partnering institution of the National Society of Black Physicists for pre-college or college students to expose them to various opportunities and discoveries in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) areas.
Academic Year 2016-2017 Academic Year 2017-2018
To schedule a trip: send us a request through our contact page
- Green Bank Telescope (Green Bank, WV)
- National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory (Lansing, MI)
- Facility for Rare Isotope Beams (Lansing, MI)
- NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (Greenbelt, MD)
- Jefferson Lab (Newport News, VA)
- Hampton University (Hampton, VA)
- Norfolk State University (Norfolk, VA)
- Michigan State University (Lansing, MI)
- Yale University (New Havens, CT)
- Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN)